NUEA Update for 2Q2021
We caught up with Chris Roybal, president of the Northern Utah Economic Alliance (NUEA), for a quick update on progress in 2Q2021.
NUEA’s core mission is to create high-paying jobs in targeted industries to sustain long-term growth in Northern Utah. Weber and Davis Counties represent a resident and business base of nearly 20 percent of Utah’s total population and economy. NUEA’s goals include assisting local businesses with expansion and retention initiatives, showcasing Davis and Weber Counties to attract new businesses in aerospace & defense, advanced manufacturing, outdoor products, and other high-growth industries. The organization highlights the region’s strong labor pool and commercial real estate opportunities.
- Project pipeline: 76 Companies are considering Northern Utah for possible expansions. This represents in aggregate about 18,400 jobs and 13,200,000 sq ft in office and industrial space.
- Recent expansions in 2Q 2021 include:
- September: Aerospace firm Williams International expanded in Northern Utah. Stats: 100,000 sq ft, 300 new jobs, $60 million in capex. (EDCUtah Project Robin)
- October: Life Engineering, a leadership consulting firm, moved into the former Pluralsight building in Farmington.
- November: Healthcare company UDO also secured 25,000 sq ft in the former Pluralsight building, continuing a trend of office space absorption in the region.
- Joining Chris Roybal at NUEA is Alexandra Gummelt, marketing manager, she has extensive experience in financial services and non-profit sectors.
- In February NUEA will be releasing its first of three Industry Studies on Northern Utah’s Aerospace & Defense Industry.
- In March, keep an eye out for Northern Utah’s Outdoor Products and Advanced Manufacturing Industry Studies.
- Connect with us on LinkedIn to read our updates as they happen. https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-utah-economic-alliance-nuea/