COVID-19 Economic Round Up for March 30 – April 5
In case you missed it, we’ve compiled some of the top Utah business and Economic Response Task Force news of the past week. Here are some highlights:
- The Governor’s Office of Economic Development has launched a bridge loan program for small businesses.
- An op-ed in the Deseret News by Frank Pignanelli and LaVarr Webb about the Stay Safe, Stay Home directive and the Task Force.
- An overview of the Task Force in Utah Policy.
- Launch of the Northern Utah Economic Response Team – a collaborative effort by Weber and Davis Counties, the Northern Utah Economic Alliance, and other partners to help affected individuals and businesses. Their website has federal, state, and local resources.
- Resources for Utah manufacturers looking to convert capacity to personal protective equipment (PPE) products, compiled by the State’s Unified Command.
- The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah has launched a Tuesday-and-Friday series called "Navigating COVID-19: How to Save Your Business."
- The Utah Bankers Association posted a list of banks authorized to assist businesses with the Paycheck Protection Program loans. Utah's Credit Unions posted a similar list here.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov for a comprehensive clearinghouse of information.
Mon, 04/06/2020 - 09:20