Utah Mega Sites Program
The Utah Mega Sites Program is designed to identify and qualify a limited number of large industrial sites across the State of Utah. These sites are intended to attract large-scale industrial projects defined by:
- Up to 1,000 jobs
- Up to $1B in capital investment
- Substantial direct and indirect economic impact on surrounding communities.
In order to minimize risks associated with acquisition and development, and make these sites attractive for potential buyers or developers, a site leader must compile and document a defined list of due diligence, cost, and timing criteria. At that point, a site may qualify as a Utah Mega Site.
At minimum, each Utah Mega Site must contain:
- 400 acres with 80% contiguous buildable area
- A limited number of owners, all of whom are willing to commit to the program
- A two-year lock on listing price
- Defined state and local incentives
- One Site Leader responsible for the Utah Mega Site application
The certification process occurs in two stages:
- Stage 1: High-level due diligence that can be compiled from the Site Leader’s desk (zoning maps, transportation maps, title search, etc.)
- Stage 2: Technical data, some of which a reputable engineering firm may need to provide (Phase 1 ESA, ALTA Survey, geotechnical soils reports, etc.)
The Utah Mega Sites Program provides matching funds for Stage 1 (50% of costs), and, in partnership with the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Stage 2 (33% of costs) certifications.
Applications are due by August 29th, 2018.
Contact Katherine Morell, Community Strategist, for more information.
For more information about the criteria for awarding a grant to a potential Utah Mega Site, click here.