Job Title: Business Development Manager Status: Exempt
Department: Business Development Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Position Salary Band: $40,000-$60,000 Direct Reports: none
Travel Requirement: 15-25 days/year Extended Hour Requirement*: yes
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Driving Requirements: Please be aware that the ability to legally drive within the United States of America may be an essential function for employment at EDCUtah.
Summary: This position is responsible for managing corporate recruiting projects interested in expanding or relocating into the state of Utah. This position will also have responsibility for becoming an “in-state expert” in one of Utah’s defined Industry Clusters and supporting all EDCUtah activities related to that industry.
You might be a good fit if: You enjoy managing a diverse set of clients with different needs and competencies. You are a self-starter and have the ability to learn “a little about a lot” quickly. You are a good networker and can easily build a base of support that you can call on to assist in complicated matters.
How this job supports EDCUtah’s Mission: In short, our mission is to help companies expand in Utah - this position is the hands-on part of providing that assistance. This role is the most direct connection to the core reason EDCUtah exists.
- Corporate Recruiting Project Management (50%). Working directly with companies and consultants as they navigate all aspects of bringing a business to Utah. This includes a diverse set of responsibilities that includes facilitating engagement with our Research Team, arranging and executing site visits, making introductions to key partners and delivering targeted content to keep clients engaged.
- Cluster Industry Development (30%). Engaging on a state and national level to meet with all major employers, key stakeholders and site selectors directly related to a cluster industry. Identifying opportunities for adding to your cluster knowledge base and network. Engaging with EDCUtah’s Global Strategy & Outreach team in identifying key recruiting targets, and supporting recruiting missions to those targets. Working with EDCUtah’s Marketing & Events team to ensure Utah is represented appropriately at key industry events.
- Site Selector Networking (20%). Looking for in-person, and virtual opportunities to engage with national Site Selectors of prominence. Facilitating an additional connection to Utah with this key audience, and providing “relationship redundancy” with this important audience.
Other Key Responsibilities
- Support internal Best Practice process developments.
- Provide feedback and critique of key marketing collateral to ensure it meets client needs.
- Support Global Strategy & Outreach missions with cluster related insights that are critical to effective campaign creation.
- Support the Community Strategy team as an industry expert in communities that express an interest in said industry.
- Four-year college degree
- Previous experience in project management, sales management or business development
- Previous experience in one of Utah’s identified cluster areas
- Advanced degree (MBA, JD, MPA, PhD)
- Previous economic development experience
* extended hours means pre-8:00 AM, post-5:00 PM and weekend responsibilities are required with this position.
For those interested in applying, please contact Mike Flynn, COO at email@example.com