Intern, Global Strategy & Outreach
EDCUtah is looking for a summer intern in Global Strategy & Outreach to assist in the research and approach of targeted, companies for expansion or relocation into Utah.
- Research markets where Utah has a competitive advantage to ensure successful recruiting missions.
- Research and vet companies for recruiting missions.
- Research contact information of key executives and approach them for meetings to pitch “Why Utah”.
- Coordinate the logistics of the meetings.
- Prepare research briefs for recruiting meetings.
- Coordinate preparation meetings for the trips.
- Help maintain a database of qualified, high-value leads with alignment to Utah’s seven cluster industries (e.g., Aerospace, Life Sciences, Outdoor Products, Energy, Software/IT, Financial Services, and Defense.)
- Screen industry tradeshow attendees/exhibitor lists for potential outreach.
- Analyze key metrics to measure the success of Global Strategy & Outreach program.
- Keep up with industry trends to see where Utah might have an interest for recruiting missions.
- Working towards a business degree (Finance, Marketing, and Economics majors preferred)
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills
- Strategic thinker with proven research and analysis capability
- Detail-oriented with data management and reporting experience
Please send resume and cover letter to Adam Turville, Director, Global Strategy & Outreach.
EDCUtah does not currently have any other open positions but is always looking for exceptional talent. For inquiries, please email Matt Hilburn at firstname.lastname@example.org.