EDCUtah’s Mission: To serve as a catalyst for quality job growth and increased capital investment by assisting in-state companies to grow and recruiting out-of-state companies to expand and relocate in Utah.
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Office Manager.
This is a temporary position beginning in May and ending in mid-August.
Department: Administration Reports To: CEO
Position Salary Band: $40,000-$60,000/year Direct Reports: 0
Travel Requirement: 0 days/year Extended Hour Requirement*: yes
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Driving Requirements: Please be aware that the ability to legally drive within the United States of America may be an essential function for employment at EDCUtah.
Summary: The Executive Assistant & Office Manager (EAOM) is responsible for supporting the executive team at EDCUtah, managing communication and coordination with the EDCUtah Board of Trustees and overseeing all facets of the EDCUtah physical facility.
You might be a good fit if: You are highly organized and can manage multiple responsibilities concurrently. You must also be able to comfortably interface with senior leaders and act as the point of contact between team executives and internal/external clients.
How this job supports EDCUtah’s Mission: EDCUtah’s ability to serve as a catalyst for job growth is directly connected to our ability to successfully raise and maintain funds for the operation. EDCUtah’s executive team is responsible for this fund raising, and this position ensures that function operates effectively. EDCUtah’s Board of Trustees is also responsible for the successful execution of the mission, and maintaining those relationships is critical to their continued involvement.
1. Executive Assistant (35%): Manage the schedules for the EDCUtah executive team and support all arrangements for travel outside of the office. Support the executive team in managing communications and engagement with both internal and external stakeholders. Responsible for creating/managing various external presentations for executive team and monthly/quarterly project reports sent to investors. Organize various monthly/yearly committee meetings. Provide Executive Assistant support as needed for the Northern Utah Economic Development initiative. Take notes at various meetings as needed (including weekly staff meeting) and follow up on action items.
1. Office Management (35%): Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and placing and expediting orders for various supplies and resources. Ensure operation of equipment and call for repairs and service when needed – including serving as company liaison for any renovations done in office. Maintain and organize supply room, break room and all conference rooms, and complete bi-weekly grocery store trips to restock staff snacks and supplies as needed. Manage meeting room reservations for EDCUtah and Utah Sports Commission. Assist in set up and clean-up of events held at EDCUtah offices, including site visits, meetings, etc. Manage all facets of the company car, including maintenance appointments, reservations and general upkeep.
2. Board of Trustees Coordination (20%): Serve as a liaison between the executive team and Board members. Manage all Board of Trustee communications, including the scheduling, arranging and noticing of all Board meetings and monthly Board updates. Take and complete minutes from meetings to send to the Board for review. Work with the executive team on all facets of Board of Trustee reporting.
Other Key Responsibilities (10%)
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answer or direct inquiries.
- Oversee security system at front door to office and ensure that customers are granted access to office when appropriate.
- Process any incoming revenue, track, photocopy and submit deposits through online company bank account.
- Generate monthly credit card transactions on revenue log and verify purchases for select individuals on the executive team.
- Track staff birthdates and monumental events and arrange for activity/celebration/gift as appropriate.
- Occasionally assist team with miscellaneous company correspondences and event organization/setup/cleanup.
- Miscellaneous duties including photocopying, fax transmissions, typing and direct mail assistance.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is suggested.
- Proficiency in word processing in a Windows XP environment. Experience with Microsoft Office is a must.
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to communicate effectively and accurately both in written and verbal form.
- Previous Executive Assistant experience.
* extended hours means pre-8:00 AM, post-5:00 PM and weekend responsibilities are required with this position.
To apply, email Ashley Trejo at email@example.com.