Reports To: Vice President of Research and Marketing
Position Salary Band: $40,000-$60,000
Direct Reports: 0 - 1
Travel Requirement: 20-25 days/year
Extended Hour Requirement*: yes
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to kneel, bend, crawl and stretch regularly. Must be able to climb and work on a ladder. This position will occasionally have requirements related to the setup and takedown of tradeshow booth infrastructure.
Summary: This position has responsibility in all areas of the organization’s Marketing Department. It has direct responsibility for the management and successful execution of the organization’s marketing programs, investor engagement activities, website management and enhancement, social media management, and ownership of most of the key marketing vendor relationships.
You might be a good fit if: You are both analytical and creative, have the ability to manage a diverse set of programs concurrently, and can effectively manage vendor relationships.
How this job supports EDCUtah’s Mission: Successfully recruiting companies to Utah involves building awareness around Utah’s assets and capabilities in addition to equipping EDCUtah’s business development team, and its community partners, with the information they need to deliver a sales pitch.
- Content management (30%): Oversee all communications at EDCUtah, including a weekly newsletter, client emails, and social media accounts. Oversee all content creation including weekly economic development articles, industry brochures, ads, and other marketing materials. Take a quantitative approach to the management of reporting for marketing performance, including daily tracking of KPIs, and adjust content strategy based on KPI performance. Support the management of consistent integration of EDCUtah’s Research and Marketing collateral into all delivery channels (e.g., website, social media, print, direct, etc.).
- Event Management (30%): Plan, coordinate, and execute all EDCUtah events, including overall event strategy. This includes identifying venues, managing logistics, coordinating with participants and attendees, engaging vendors, managing budgets, developing and adhering to processes and timelines and reporting on all outcomes.
- Website Management (15%): Ensure all data on the website stays up-to-date, monitor web traffic and identify areas for improvement. Develop annual website improvement plans based on traffic analytics and national best practices. Ensure the website is meeting the needs of EDCUtah clients.
- Manage EDCUtah’s marketing vendor relationships (15%). Maintain positive relations with existing EDCUtah marketing vendors and identify new sources of outsourced talent. Specific areas include graphic design, events, transportation, video and photography, and content creation.
Other Key Responsibilities (10%)
- Track and analyze all relevant marketing metrics using Google Analytics and other programs (digital traffic, survey data, marketing spend, etc.).
- Act as the primary contact for initial media inquiries and coordinate responses with EDCUtah Management and public relations contractors.
- Track all EDCUtah project successes and manage the announcement process.
- Assist in writing and proofing letters, marketing presentations, profiles, custom reports, industry summaries, etc.
- Support the development of PowerPoint presentations, brochures, and other marketing materials.
- Four-year college degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in similar marketing role, or a related field
- Basic familiarity with graphic design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced degree (Marketing, MBA, MPA)
- Basic understanding of marketing strategy, including digital marketing
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, social media analytics, and other marketing tools
- Economic development experience
* extended hours means pre-8:00 AM, post-5:00 PM and weekend responsibilities are required with this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to Matt Hilburn, EDCUtah VP of Research & Marketing