State Trade and Expansion Program (STEP)
Funded in part through a grant with the U.S. Small Business Administration, the World Trade Center Utah State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) seeks to help Utah businesses enter and expand into dynamic global markets. This initiative aims to increase the number of small businesses exporting in Utah, increase revenues and sales of Utah-made goods and services and increase Utah’s GDP through international trade.
The STEP grant provides awards to eligible small business located in Utah to help offset the cost of eligible expenses associated with export development activities. Awards are competitive and will be based upon availability of funds.
The Utah STEP Grant is a cost reimbursement grant. Recipients may receive up to $15,000 for various eligible international business activities. All grant awards require 25 percent cash match by the grant recipient.
Eligible state-led trade missions and trade shows for the 2017-2018 STEP grant year include the following:
- Jan. 29-Feb. 2, 2018: Arab Health 2018 Trade Show - Dubai, UAE
- March 6-8, 2018: JEC Composites World 2018 Trade Show - Paris, France
- April 2018: Mexico Trade Mission
- June 17-20, 2018: OutDoor Show 2018 Trade Show - Friedrichshafen, Germany
- July 16-20, 2018: Farnborough International Airshow and UK Trade Mission
- September 2018: Taiwan Trade Mission
Utah companies may also apply for STEP funding for independent trade event activities, educational training, translation services and other activities related to help take your business global.